The Emlen Grist Mill was owned by James Emlen, a member of the Quaker Society of Friends, a community miller, and a devoted husband and father. The property located at the corner of Old Forge Road and Yearsley Mill Road in Middletown Township, Delaware County (formerly Chester County until 1789) was used as a grist mill, an all-boys grammar school, and a Quaker meeting house. A portion of this historical property is part of The Pennsylvania State University Brandywine Campus.
This Work is not currently in any collections.
Items in this Work
|User Kevin Scott Pistiner has updated Penn State Brandywine Collides With the Eighteenth Century||about 4 years ago|