The National Information Standards Organization (NISO) established a working group in July 2008 to recommend an identifier standard, with associated metadata and implementation strategy, for identifying institutions involved in information creation, sharing, and management. An institutional identifier is defined as a symbol or code that will uniquely identify institutions and that will describe relationships between entities within institutions.
- Giarlo, Michael J.
- metadata usage
- institutional identifiers
- survey analysis
- Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 United States
- Resource type
- NISO Institutional Identifiers, Repositories subgroup
- National Information Standards Organization
- Information Standards Quarterly
- Published Date
- December 2009
- Knowledge representation (Information theory)
- Washington, Washington, D.C., United States
- Related url
- 347 KB
- Total items
This Work is not currently in any collections.
Items in this Work